- If your site is using frames, have a frameless version too.
Not all browsers support frames. The frameless version will also be
used to "Break out of Frames", when a visitor surf to your site from another framed site.
only annoying but also takes a LOT of time to load. Don't put
applets for no reason! Does it really matter what time it is in
Zambia or how many days are left till the year 2000? I personally
won't come back to a page with too much Java especially if it
crashes my browser.
- If you are using music on your page put it ON THE TOP OF THE
PAGE, so it will be easier to turn it off. The music should be
visible, so a visitor can turn it off. More than
once a music on a page crashed my browser or woke up everybody in
- Use the alt, width
and height attributes when using the
img tag. Many surfers set their browsers to
"images off", so include a description of the image in the
alt attribute. Enter the width and height
of every image in your site using the width
and height attributes. Your page will
load more quickly this way. The surfer won't have to wait until the
images will show in order to read the text that is written after them.
- Give credit when credit is due. If you are using somebody else's
graphics, music, text, applets etc., add a link to their site. Don't
use other people's works without their approval.
My idea of a good page
Good pages are pages that were made from the heart. They are easy to
navigate and pleasing to the eye. They offer more than info about
the site builder and some links. They make you come back and look
My idea of a BAD page
- Racism, Phornography, Profanity etc.
- I don't want to read how smart and beautiful you are. I can
decide that by myself.
- You stole the graphics from another site. Worse, you stole the
content from another site.
- Your site takes ages to load.
- Bad frames, endless Java and annoying music, that also crashes my browser.
- I can't read your text because of the colors you used.
- Your images are so huge I have to scroll across to see something.
- There are no Back buttons.
- An annoying use of CAPS.
~ Other Places in Racheli's Meadow ~